How to work negative thoughts?
05 December 2016
According to psychology “it is not the facts that create conflict, but the how we take, interpret and face.” The same event can occur to several people; However, everyone can experience it differently.
Negative automatic thoughts are characterized by not being realistic; Are those that appear instantly when something happens to us, for example: “you’re stupid!”, “I can not do more!”, “I’ve made the biggest of ridiculous”, “I want to hurt!”, My life no longer makes sense, “” it’s not worth living, “etc.
These thoughts influence the way we live life and face the problems, many of them have been internalized by us from childhood and throughout life, we are so accustomed to them that many times we do not question them.
Negative thoughts bind us, limit us, harm us, they are the stone in the road that prevents us from achieving what we dream … However I have good news, can be handled, eliminated and internalize positive thoughts to better face Life and difficulties.
Your emotional well-being depends fundamentally on not letting yourself be carried away by negative automatic thoughts, as these have undesirable effects on you.
Here are some tips that will help you to change those negative automatic thoughts:
- Find the tests, ask yourself if you have enough evidence to believe that what you think is so.
- Decide what you want to think. Write everything you think about you, your beliefs, the world and others and go one by one, choosing what you want to believe in, which makes you happy and which does not, and simply choose, make the decision to believe or not to believe certain Beliefs.
- Whenever a negative thought comes to your head, replace it with a positive one and always try to see the positive side of what happens to you.
- Activate positive affirmations. Positive affirmations are phrases that you say out loud, but impregnated with feeling and emotion, such as “I am safe”, “I have all the capacity to think positive, I choose to think positive, I accept myself as I am, I love myself as I am” , etc.
- Seek psychological support at your comprehensive care clinic or request that you refer somewhere for support if your clinic does not have the psychology service.
- The psychologist will help you with other tips to get rid of negative thoughts and live more free and happy.
Investigated by: W. Bolaños / Nicaragua